Some dear friends of Palouse Heritage, Danny and Shirley, love baking their own bread at home. They've been experimenting with our Palouse Heritage landrace grain flours and have made some remarkably delicious baked goods. A favorite is their Dark Chocolate Chip Banana Bread made with our Turkey Red and Sonoran Gold flours. YUMMY!!!
Danny and Shirley were kind enough to share their recipe. We highly recommend you give it a try. You won't regret it!
Dark Chocolate Chip Banana Bread with Turkey Red and Sonoran Gold
Made using the Zojirushi Home Bakery Virtuoso Breadmaker
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup bananas, ripe and mashed
- 1 cup Turkey Red whole wheat flour*
- 1 cup Sonoran Gold whole wheat flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
When machine beeps, add:
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- LIGHT Crust Control recommend using the "Cake Course"
* Turkey Red flour may not currently be available in our online store. If it is not, contact us to request a sample.